EFFECTIVE DATE: July 1, 2017
Please read this Policy carefully. By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that you consent to this Policy. If you do not agree to be bound by this Policy, please exit the Site now.
Please be aware that we may change or replace the terms of this Policy from time to time, at our sole discretion. If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting those changes to this Site. Any modifications to this Policy will go into immediate effect after they have been posted. Your continued use of the Site after we post any changes constitutes your consent to the updated Policy.
SMART Financial Operations from its offices within the United States. If you are accessing this Site from a location outside the United States, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your Personal Information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
Information that We Collect
Through your use of our Site, we may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. While we do not require you to provide Personal Information in order to navigate our Site, we may need to collect Personal Information if you choose to engage in certain activities on our Site or request our Services. The Personal Information that we collect on the Site may be combined with Personal Information collected offline. Below are the types of Personal Information that we may collect.
Information Provided by You
We collect the Personal Information that you provide to us. If you provide us contact information to learn more about our Services or choose to send us a message with information about yourself, we will maintain records of your correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions and our responses.
Information Provided by Third Parties
We may receive certain Personal Information about you from third parties. For example, if you choose to purchase SMART Financial Operations items on a third-party website, such as an online marketplace, we may receive information from that third party in order to complete your transaction.
Device and Usage Information
The Site automatically collects technical information through your use of the Site, such as the following:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on our Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on our Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer and/or device for record-keeping purposes.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. For example, we may set a persistent cookie to remember your language preferences.
If you reject cookies, you may still use our Site, but your ability to use some areas of our Site may be limited.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Site security, and assess the performance of the Site.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify you or any specific person, but it may be derived from your Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
How We Use and Share Information
We use Personal Information that we collect in the following ways:
- Provide Services: We use your Personal Information in order to provide you with our Services and to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Communicate: We use Personal Information to communicate with you about our Site or Services. We may also use your Personal Information to send you updates about your use of the Services or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services.
- Marketing Purposes: If you choose to provide your mobile telephone number or email address to receive marketing communications, we may send you information about promotions or other marketing materials.
- Customer Support: We may use your Personal Information to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need your information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about our Site.
- Maintenance and Improvement: We analyze how our users interact with our Site in order to maintain and improve it. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with our Site to improve the user experience.
- Business Purposes: We may also use your information for our legitimate business purposes.
We reserve the right to share information, including Personal Information, with third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform Site functions and administer our Services. For example, we may share your information with third-party customer service providers.
- Corporate Family: We may share information within our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, to the extent permitted by law.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- Consumer Reporting Agencies: We may report the status of your account with us to consumer reporting agencies.
- To Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As Required by Law: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or demands, or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- With Your Consent: We may request your permission to share your Personal Information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the Personal Information or before the Personal Information you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-Party Data Collection
One of the third-party services that we use is Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our Site and may share this data with other Google services. You can learn more about how Google uses and shares Personal Information and about any choices you may have with regards to your Personal Information by visiting their website at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Similarly, the Site may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by SMART Financial Operations. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party website. You are subject to the policies of those third-party websites, where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites before you disclose your Personal Information.
Our Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years. Please contact us if you believe we may have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13, and we will take immediate steps to delete any such Personal Information.
Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com